Natural VS Synthetic: Which Hair Extensions Are Right For Me?
With hair extensions becoming one of the most common additions to the hair industry in recent times, there has been an ongoing debate around whether to use Natural Hair, or Synethetic Hair. Follow the simple guideline below for understanding the main differences between these two types of hair.
Human Hair Extensions
– Typically, human hair is the more natural of the two options of hair extensions, given that it is cut directly from a donor’s head. The hair is cut so that the cuticle is facing upward in each strand and the hair will then sit perfectly on the wearer’s head, without strands sitting out of place.
– Human hair extensions are the more expensive of the two options, given that they are taken from donor’s heads.
– While it is not strongly recommended to apply hair colour to any hair extensions, there is more lenience on this rule with human hair extensions, given that they are natural hair.
– Naturally occurring scalp oils are not omitted through to human hair extensions from the scalp, so it is important that oil and moisture are applied to the extensions to keep them blending in with the natural hair on your head.
Synthetic Hair Extensions
– Given the styling and fiber of synthetic hair extensions, they can be worn straight out of the box. The memory built into them means that after washing, they will always dry the way that they have been purchased (straight, wavy or curly).
– While human hair is the premium choice in hair extensions, synthetic hair has improved in quality dramatically over recent years, meaning that it ca often be difficult to tell the difference in the two when worn.
– Synthetic hair is a more cost effective option in hair extensions, as it is not cut from a donor’s head.
– Synthetic hair extensions do have a typically shorter life than human hair extensions due to their manufactured nature, and care needs to be taken when applying heat to the hair.